BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slacking

Lately I have really been struggling to focus on my goals. My vacation and even the time leading up to it, really have been lacking in purpose. I have been having trouble making it to the gym - even though I want to go and certainly know how important it is for me personally. I hate struggling and I hate when it feels like life is getting in the way.
This week for example, the children are home from School and that makes going to the gym almost impossible. I have to wait for my husband to get home from work, and lately that has been getting later and later. Last Thursday he wasn't home until almost 11 pm and he left at before 6 am. ( I think that the Government is definitely getting their monies worth out of the Navy...) At any rate, with those kind of hours, it is hard to find time to squeeze in the gym.
I would really love to get a Wii fit so that on the days that I can't make it to the gym I can still get a more comprehensive workout and get feedback on my performance. I am walking everyday - several times a day usually. Still, it just isn't enough.
My goal? Beginning next Sunday, really refocus on my health. Track what I eat. Go to the gym at least four times next week. I am going to get serious, make the time and STOP making excuses. Until then, I remained.... frustrated.

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

I too have endured the frustration of trying to get to the gym. My husband works really long hours. I am not a morning person at all, but have found that if I don't force myself out of bed really early and go I will never get a workout in. I kind of miss the days when I could put the kids in the stroller and go for a long walk.

snowflake said...

I acutally am a morning person, but my hubby leaves for work at between 5-6 am and someone has to be here with the kids. Ugh.
Nice to know that I don't face these challenges alone though.