BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hectic or Peaceful?

Today someone asked me whether I preferred my life to be hectic or peaceful. To tell you the truth, I really hadn't realized that it was an option. I guess most people would probably say that they preferred a more tranquil life, but not me.

Time goes by faster when you are busy. When life goes from one event to the next, you don't have time to consider the days as the pass or how many of them have gone. When I sit down and think about it, it makes me sad. Yesterday was my birthday and yesterday, I sat down to think about all those days that have gone. 101 to be exact. 101 days since I last saw my husband. I guess to some that doesn't seem like so very long, but here, it is an eternity.

When I am caught up in the whirl of everyday life, I don't think about the time that has been lost. I guess that some people may even view it as wasted, but I don't. Every day life goes on. Some days are better than others, which in the light of events on the stock market yesterday is probably the understatement of the century. Still, we don't cease to live when bad things happen and so we must struggle forward.

I love it when I am so tired at the end of the day that all I have time to do is whisper a few words of gratitude to God before I fall into a deep and dreamless sleep. When I am busy, I don't have time to miss him. At least not as much as I do when I think about it. Who has time to dwell?

So I say to life - bring it on - the more the better! I want to live my life from one whirling activity to the next. Maybe when I feel whole again, I will slow it down and smell the roses. Until then.... I have about a million things to do!

3 comments:

Nonickname said...

I would love a more peaceful pace I always think. When I find my life slowing down, I don't get things done and I am more disorganized. I guess that this could be a good reason to stay busy. I love falling into bed at night, tired and ready to sleep too.

navywife6 said...

I love hectic for the same reasons you do my dear Snow. And I do believe there are ways to "stop and smell the roses along the way" even if only for brief seconds. I want to grow old and have done TONS with the kids and Shayne. I want to make a bucket list with only things that allow me to smile, laugh, and run with my family to the bitter end.

You are a strong woman and don't ever think 101 days isn't a long time, because it is :)

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

I love tranquility in large doses. I've done hectic, and while it has the advantages of moving time along, I found that it also hides some of the wonder of life.
My goal is to find that point of balance where I can say "I have accomplished!" AND "Did you see that sunrise?". Days where, at the end of the day, I can say "It was not wasted" on both sides of the scale.
May the balance to those 101 days go swiftly, smoothly and with a purpose that includes moments of life to share and remember.

:) Leigh

p.s.From one Libra to another-Happy Belated Birthday! Same day as my brother's.