BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Getting Scary Out There

So I have stopped watching the news. What's the point? It's always just full of more good financial news. Geez.... If you told me that one day I would watch my President stand on national television and tell the world that we are on the verge of financial collapse, I would NEVER have believed that. Never. Not in a million years.

Fast forward to today. In spite of the bailout, the stock market plummeted another 800 points. Oh joy. I see advisors saying that if you need the money in the next five years to take it out of the market. Nothing like dire warnings to inspire consumer confidence, if you know what I mean.

I'm scared - shitless. I have never been so scared in all my life. I have no idea how my family will survive this, or whether we will be able to weather this. My girlfriends go around with their head in the sand. They think that because their husband is military that their job is safe. No one is safe now. No one.

I worry about the money that we have invested for the children. What's going to happen to that? Will it survive? Will it all be gone? I just don't know. I just don't know anything today.

1 comments:

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

Times like these are "Life's lessons learned".
They also bring out qualities we don't often think about: creativity, perserverance, ingenuity, strength, and patience.
And yes, I'm scared right now, too.
Change is a given in life, and you have to be down near the bottom in order to remember that you know how to climb back up.

:) Leigh

I'm just kind of philosophical this morning...