BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 10, 2008

Drama Drama Little Llama

While I love the children's book of the above title - what I DON'T like is DRAMA. Why is it that in any given group of women that drama seems to be the norm and not the exception? I almost feel guilty for even saying that about my fellow ladies, but honestly I would trade five or six ladies for an entire submarine of smelly men... no kidding.

With men, usually what you see is what you get. If they have something to say, they simply say it. It's refreshing really. With women, so much of our conversation is covert. We say one thing, but what we really mean is a whole different ball game.

Some women seem to be little more than a whirling dervish of drama. They go from one area of their lives to another somehow managing to generate the same intensity of gossip and trouble where ever they go. It never ceases to amaze me. Then there are others who do nothing but complain while never even attempting to make a positive change in their life.

I hate feeling this way, because I feel that because of this emotion I am somehow doing a disservice to the many, many women out there who aren't this way. I guess it's like they say, for every negative comment or response, there are 100 good ones that go unsaid. Isn't it said that in our world, negativity is like a cancer that just spreads so easily?

I am going to resolve to stay positive, smile at strangers and be proactive to make positive changes in my life and in the lives of others. Sometimes it's a tall order...

2 comments:

Nonickname said...

Have you ever read the book "Odd Girl Out" it is great at describing this behavior among women and how to counteract it in our girls. The writer is a terrific public speaker as well.

snowflake said...

I actually loved Odd Girl Out and also another great read on the topic is Queen Bees and Wannabees....