BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Today, I feel Blessed

Sometimes the life of a Navy wife is hard. Those of you that have read my blog on occassion already understand that. But today, I just want to say how lucky I feel, because through it all, I am lucky.

My husband and I have been married for almost 10 years. We have been together for 13 years. It's strange looking back on that length of time. Sometimes it feels like a really long time and others, it feels as if it has just been a drop in the bucket. Time has changed both of us. We have grown up together, become parents together, life has changed us in many ways - mostly for the better.

Still, there are some things that haven't changed. When I look at him, I still see the man I married. I know I always will, even when we're old. When I catch sight of him on the pier as he comes home to me, my heart skips a beat and jumps for joy!
I would recognize his walk anywhere.

That lopsided smile of his still drives me crazy - even after 13 years. When I see him, my knees still get weak and I get butterflies in my stomache. When we are together, just doing nothing at all, I know true contentment.

Today, I feel lucky because some people never have these things. Or worse, they have them and over the passage of time, come to take them for granted.

Yes, there are some things about Navy life that are very difficult but I feel blessed that because of the life we lead, I will never take the one I love most for granted. I know I will always appreciate the smiles, the big bear hug, his hand in mine, the sound of his voice, the smell of his uniforms... all of that and a million other things, I will reflect on and treasure in my heart. That's why today, I feel blessed.

1 comments:

Ann M. said...

what a lovely post. thanks for sharing.