BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 20, 2008

All Dressed Up with No Place to Go...

It's 3:30 in the morning, or at least it was when I woke up. Sadly almost an hour has passed since then and I can't get back to sleep. Ugh. Tomorrow isn't going to be pretty - no matter how much coffee I inhale.
Still, I got my picture taken on the top of Mt. Fugi without ever leaving my bed tonight. How many other people can say that? After all the excitement, here I am, all dressed up in my red t-shirt with no place to go - not even back to bed.
I went to sleep with one of those "I'm way beyond exhausted" headaches and sadly, the three hours of sleep I have gotten so far haven't helped. Yuck.
Maybe I will get a nap tomorrow....Anyone have any good headache remedies? How about a loneliness tonic? Either would really help right now.
I've got my period again which just SUCKS. I mean, my husband isn't here so it doesn't really matter, but still.... I'm almost 38 years old and I've been dealing with this crap since I was 10. Isn't it time to call it a day? My last period - I was under so much stress that I essentially had it in one day. I got the shakes and had to sit down on the sofa for three hours just to deal with it. I know, that's way too much information - sorry.
Still, I just want you to understand why I would be totally ok with the doctor just ripping it out... I mean, my uterus has done more for me than I ever thought it would. I have two beautiful children and I could ask no more of it. Can't we just wrap up that phase in my life? I'm totally ok with it.
Do you ever feel like your life is one big list of things you "should" do? Things your slated or supposed to do? But not necessarily things you want to do? Well, that's my life right now. I spent 5 hours sweltering today at a garage sale - it definitely wasn't on the top of my "fun to do" list. Craziness I know.
Well, I guess I will slink back to bed in a vain attempt to go back to sleep. Wish me luck....

3 comments:

Nonickname said...

Snowflake,

I feel like my life is one big long to do list all of the time. I am trying to make Sunday a day when I don't do anything that I really, really don't want to do. It doesn't always work out, but I still try.

Coffee First said...

I know what you mean with the whole uterus thing. Mine's done it's duty, when is menopause? lol I had an awful period this past week too. It's so unfair :(

Nikki said...

Every day life is a "should do" list for me. I sit in this room knocking out articles to teach other people how to love, budget, care and a slew of other things but rarely do I get to be an active participant in my own life.

I just try to knock out as much as I can so that on Sundays I can take at least half the day to do something on the should do list.

As for periods, I could do without them. Period. I'm not having any fun with mine since Peanut was born and I agreed to tying everything up. Still I don't know that I want to have anything removed from my body. I've seen enough Docs and hospitals to last a life time.