BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Are You Up to the Challenge?

I've been doing a lot of talking about books lately. I found what I thought was this awesome site called the 50 book challenge. It's a place where you talk about and critique the books you have read. The only thing is, the members aren't very nice. The only time they comment on your thoughts is to let you know your graphics are too large for their Dial up or to spell check you. ( Sorry, I'm a mom who does most of my writing very early in the morning, occasionally spelling mistakes happen. Ugh.)
So, since I loved the idea so much, I started a group on Cafe mom for any of you who may want to join in. The idea is to read 50 books in a year. Here's what's cool though - YOU pick the books. It can be any book you want. There isn't a length requirement. There won't be any scripted questions to "make you think" or lead a discussion on the subject matter as with other book clubs. There is only you, your choices and your thoughts on them.

I created this group because I love to read, and I love to see what others are reading. Just click on the new banner above to get to the group. One word of caution to my male members - you will be asked to join Cafemom. If you are interested in participating, and I would love to have you, I highly suggest creating a "female persona" to join as some women haven't come as long a way as they say they have. Discrimination is rampant on the Cafe against any human being that happens to have a penis. I have no such qualms.... I actually enjoy that half of the population - most of the time. :)

3 comments:

Roe said...

Okay, I joined! You had me at 50 Books...

Hey, give me a call or let me know when I can call you - want to run something by you.

The Three Little Piglets said...

50?!?! I still can't make it through the rest of Dangerous Laiasons (snore)...I'm starting to wish for danger! Maybe they'll all kill each other and the book will finally end!!

Nonickname said...

This is a great idea. I am definitely going to join. See you Cafemom!