BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 19, 2008

Love Stories

Whnever I am feeling sad or lonely, I love to hear love stories. They are always so happy and full of hope and promise. The best thing about them is that everyone loves to share their own love story, and I am no different than anyone else.
Mine started with a letter in the mail. At 23, I finally went back to college. I worked very hard and maintained a 4.0 GPA, an accomplishment that I am very proud of. One day I received a letter in the mail - from Phi Theta Kappa - the International Honor Society of two year colleges. The letter invited me to attend a meeting and be inducted as a member. I was so excited!
Here I was about to celebrate the progress that I was making in my life, about to enter a new phase in my journey. I was on a CUSP - you know, those moments that change everything - I just didn't know how big the CUSP was.
When I arrived at the meeting, I realized that one of my best friends was there. She was already a member and she began immediately introducing me around. I'll never forget that moment, " I want to introduce you to my friend, this is Robert Schultz." Now, if you are a Kappan, you know that they are a big group of huggers. As I hugged him, I knew that my whole life had changed. I knew that knowing him would effect me forever, but I had no idea how. I looked into those big grown eyes, and I just knew that everything was different. No, it wasn't love at first sight, it was more a sense of "knowing"... the feeling that I had known him before, or recognizing him perhaps. I believe it's like that when you meet your twin flame - the spark in each raises as you recognize each other, the flame burns brighter when reunited.
Since that day, so much has happened. Robert - he became my best friend, my soul mate, my lover, my husband, and finally, the father of my babies. He's the first person that I want to share all my good news with. He's the first person I want to share my burdens with. He's the person that challenges me to be the best person that I can be. He's my inspiration, my joy, my hope, my dreams....all neatly packaged.
We've been together 12 years now. I always thought husband was such an antiquated word, until it attached itself to him. I thought wife was an outdated mode of thinking, until it meant that I belonged with him. Now, I just want to remind myself everyday how lucky I am to have found him.

0 comments: