BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Dolts" and Other Nice Compliments

You know what I really hate? I really hate it when some people go around acting so superior when in fact, they are so involved in their own life that they can't see the forest for the trees. I'm sick of it, and I'm not just going to sit around and take it anymore.
I have a group on a social networking site that is supposed to be a place that people can share the ups and downs of their life - THEIR life - THEIR reality. Every member there should be free to share, but lately, I have felt ham stringed by certain member/members. Reality only applies to them and anyone who inadvertently offends them with their own reality is a dolt.
I think being a dolt is being so wrapped up in yourself that you can't understand that people will have differing perceptions about various topics. I think being a dolt means that you feel the need to verbally "bitch slap" anyone who you don't think has it as bad as you do.
Certainly an occasional dose of a different reality can make people more tolerant. I know that I have learned a lot in the past two years, and I apply that knowledge in my everyday relationships with people. I know that I am more careful about the things that I say around this particular group of people because - heaven forbid - you never know when you are going to offend someone with some comment about how you are feeling. And no, everyone isn't free to share, we are all just free to share on certain subjects but others are sacrosanct -if you share on THOSE subjects, you are labeled ungrateful, non -compassionate , or as just recently happened, a DOLT.
Can you tell I'm a little pissed? Good, because I am. I have always welcomed everyone to say what they have to say, and being a Libra, I have restrained myself in the name of "getting along" - well, those days are over. If I have something to say, I'm going to say it - whatever it is, no matter who it may offend because I'm tired of getting shit on when the shoe is on the other foot. So look out ladies, the gloves are officially off.

1 comments:

Half my Heart said...

Ha! I agree with you and thus the reason why I don't visit said network. :-P

You go girl! Speak YOUR reality... I'm listening.